Search This Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2011

If Only for the Season: A Holiday Anthology

This summer, I've been working on a collection of my Holiday writings. I ended up with forty-six selections.  I chose the title If Only for the Season after a popular meditation I wrote more than twenty years ago.  I had several intentions: to capture the breadth of Mid-Winter observances and moods; to express universal, deep meanings; and to provide a resource for all who come to the season with a liberal spirit, especially fellow Unitarian Universalists.

I'd been aiming for the book's September 1 release. I made it, thanks to the layout and design skills of Ellie, my spouse.  Ellie offers her considerable expertise to those who want to use the wonderful services of on-demand publishing.  [Visit her Publishista site.]  The finished product is a handsome book,  8.25 inches square.



This is a collection for personal use, as well as for fashioning services and celebrations during the Holiday Season. It makes a thoughtful and meaningful gift.  (It makes an implicit statement regarding the Holidays versus Christmas annual controversy.  And it is respectful and enlightening about Christmas.) 


You can see the book's preview on Amazon.  You can buy it at Amazon or CreateSpace's online store.  I recommend the latter.

No comments: